These little morsels are fantastic as a take along in your gym bag and have a similar consistency as a soft cookie. They’re quick to make, portable, sugar free, tasty, and will save you loads of money on store bought energy bars.
- * 1/2 cup almond butter*
- * 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- * 2 eggs
- * 1/3 cup Manitoba Harvest hemp protein powder*
- * 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- * 1 tbsp cacao powder
- * 1 tbsp ground chia seed
- * 2 pinches of white stevia powder*
- *note – you can replace the hemp protein powder with a powder of your choice. If you don’t like stevia, you can replace it with 2 tbsp brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and stir until mixed. The dough should be pretty dense.
- Pick up about a 1/4 cup of dough in your hand and shape into a bar. Place the bar on the prepare cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean [mine were perfect at 15 minutes].
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Snacks, Nuts