After seeing, bluesarahlou's orange caprese salad I became obsessed about giving citrus a try with basil and fresh mozzarella. At the time I didn't have any oranges on hand, so I substituted grapefruit. Rather than make an appetizer, I decided to make this for a really easy dinner! I added half an avocado and mix together balsamic vinegar and basil olive oil. The combination of tart, creamy and nutty was divine! I think this would be great on top of a bed of butter lettuce too!
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced into 1 inch cubes,
- 1 avocado, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 10 Bocconcini mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon basil olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- Pinch of crunchy finishing salt
- Prepare the ingredients and place in a large bowl.
- In a small cup add balsamic and orange juice, mix well. Whisk in slowly the olive oil.
- Drizzle salads with dressing
Makes two servings.
- Salads, Fruit