These cookies may look like your average run-of-the-mill cookie from the outside, but don’t let that fool you. One bite and you’ll be welcomed to a soft and sweet date center!
- * 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- * 3 medjool dates, pitted, quartered and rolled into a ball
- * 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- * 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- * 1 flax egg [1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water]
- * 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- * 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set side.
- In a small bowl, whisk almond flour, sugar, and salt until combined.
- In a larger bowl, combine coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla extract. Add dry to wet and mix until incorporated.
- Separate dough into 2 balls, cover with parchment paper, and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once complete, spoon 2 tbsp of dough in your hand and flatten, then place a date in the middle and fold the dough over top. Roll the dough in between your hands to make a ball [make sure you can't see the date!], then press down to make a bit flatter. Place on the prepared cookie sheet and continue with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Makes 12 cookies
- Desserts, Cookies