- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- half a 6-ounce can tuna in oil, drained
- 2 TBS mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 TBS ketchup
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 2-inch piece of cucumber, cut into strips
- 2-inch piece of carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
Mix the tuna together with 1 TBS of the mayonnaise, the ketchup, and the Tabasco. Spread the remaining 1 TBS mayonnaise over the bread and then spoon the tuna in a line about 1/2 inch from one edge of each slice. Arrange the cucumber strips on one side of the tuna and the grated carrot on the other side. Roll up from the filled end and press down to seal. Trim the ends to neaten using a sharp knife, then cut into three little rolls.
You can prepare this the night before, wrap the rolls in plastic wrap, then cut each one into three pieces in the morning.
- Snacks, Kids