From Parents Magazine - "Thanks to canned pumpkin, this pasta gives the kiddos two servings of veggies."
This was yummy! Perfect for Autumn. I added one chopped and sautéed zucchini, and some left over chicken from last night’s Roasted bird.
Makes 6 cups.
- 1 12 oz. box whole-wheat penne
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped ( You can skip this and add 1/2 tsp. onion powder)
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin-pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Fresh parsley, chopped
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Whisk in broth, evaporated milk, pumpkin, spice, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Toss pasta with sauce. Spoon into bowls and top with parsley and cheese.
- Pasta, Main Dishes