- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 slices German-style rye bread
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Mix wasabi powder and 2 teaspoons water in medium bowl to form paste. Add cream cheese and stir with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Place all bread slices on work surface. Spread each slice with a thin, even layer of the cream cheese.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and twist the 2 halves apart and remove the pit. Use a spoon to remove the avocado flesh from one half. Slice the each half into 1/8-inch slices. Place the avocado slices in a bowl and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over avocado slices and toss gently.
- Cover each bread slice with a single layer of salmon, followed by a layer of avocado slices.
- Top each sandwich with remaining slice of bread.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches