Sometimes you just need a brownie. A chocolatey, rich, fudge-y brownie all to yourself. A brownie so delicious it tastes like dessert but fuels you as well as a healthy snack. Never fear, my friends, black bean brownies are your answer. But don't be put off by the name; you definitely can't taste the beans, but your body will be thankful for the nutrients. And hey, since they are gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan, with natural protein and fiber too boot, go ahead and eat the whole batch!
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBS black beans
- 2 TBS oat flour (just ground rolled oats, or brown rice flour/flour of choice)
- 1 TBS coconut flour
- 1 TBS cocoa powder
- 3-4 TBS almond milk
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- sweetener, to taste (I used 1/2 tsp NuNaturals Stevia Baking Blend)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender until creamy and well combined. It will be thick like normal brownies, but feel free to add the extra TBS of almond milk, if necessary.
- Place in a small loaf pan, ramekin, or individual cupcake holders.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
*See http://kabochavore.com/2011/04/29/white-dresses-and-rings/ for more details.
- Desserts, Brownies