This is an easy recipe based on some past stewing recipes integrating the best parts of each. This is great prepared on the weekend and reheated during those hectic week nights after work. When preparing you do not need to commit to the vegtables mentioned and can add your favorites to this recipe. The name comes from a past phrase used in a recipe for prepping the beef that my daughter found funny.
- Main Recipe
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion (Chopped)
- 3 lbs Beef (Cubed)
- 6 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 8 oz Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 8 oz Carrots (Sliced)
- 2-3 tsp Flour
- 2 tsp Parsley (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Rosemary (Chopped)
- 6 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Bottle Guinness
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste (or Ketchup)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1.5 lbs Red Potatoes (Quartered)
- Dumpling Recipe
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Parsley (Chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vegtable Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
1. Add Olive Oil to a Large Sauce Pan or Stock Pot at "Medium Heat".
2. Preheat Oven at 350F.
3. Add Onions; cooking until the begin to brown.
4. Raise to "High Heat" and add Cubed Beef in batches searing and until they become "Tough Little Nuggets".
5. Add Flour and stir to prevent from clumping.
6. Add Garlic, Thyme, Parsley and Rosemary reducing to "Medium Heat" and saute for 2 minutes.
7. Begin adding liquids (Beef Stock, Guinness, Worcestershire Sauce, Tomatoe Paste) along with Sugar and Bay Leaves.
8. Raise to "High Heat" and bring to a boil; stirring occassionally.
9. Add Vegtables (Carrots, Potatoes, and Mushrooms) and cover.
10. Move covered Sauce Pan or Stock Potto the Oven for a minimum of 30 minutes or more (more tender with time).
11. Begin to Prep Dumplings (during this oven time in step 10) by mixing all the ingrediants together in a large bowl.
12.Add Dumpling Mix into the Stew during the last 15 minutes of cooking by spooning in batches directly into the stew. Recover and continue to cook for the remaining 15 minutes in the Oven at 350F.
13. Remove from Oven and pouring stew into individual bowls. Enjoy!
- Soups/Stews, Stew