Since it's truly hotter than July, I got real summer hairstyle ideas from Ojon stylist Tippi Shorter, who has hooked up the locks of Gaga, Rihanna, and one of my all-time favorites, Ms. Diahann Carroll. Why not drink a gallon of water, sit atop your AC, and try one of these styles?
The Untidy Side Braid, inspired by Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2010:
- Apply glossing cream to clean, damp hair to help prevent flyaways.
- Dry hair.
- Create a deep side part and direct hair to one side.
- Apply a conditioning paste/wax to mold hair.
- Start a French braid high on the head, keep it loose and casual by using three uneven pieces.
- Continue the side braid all the way to the bottom.
- Give the braid a slight shake to loosen it.
- Secure braid with clear elastic.
- Finish with shine spray.