Looking for a fun way to jazz up your manicure for the Summer? The experts at Makeup.com have an easy-to-follow nail art tutorial that we can't get enough of.
In honor of this season’s freshest blooms we’ve decided to put together a colorblock manicure tutorial to get you inspired to go bold and be bright this season! Follow the steps listed below and get ready to show off your killer new manicure. Get the step-by-step tutorial when you keep reading.
- 3 contrasting nail polish colors
- Top coat and base coat
- Prep nails by applying a base coat.
- Apply a base color and allow it to dry completely. We used Essie Go Ginza ($8).
- Pick accent color. We used Maybelline Orange Extreme (no longer available).
- Place the tape and paint. Using a small piece of tape, create a diagonal line that bisects the nail bed leaving only a sliver of the original coat of polish exposed (as pictured above). Using your accent color, pain the exposed area of the nail.
- Remove tape. Right after you apply the accent color, carefully (and slowly) remove the tape pieces and repeat the steps listed above until each nail has a side-slash of your accent color.
- Tape and repeat. Follow steps three through five with your secondary accent color. For the secondary accent shade, we used Maybelline Mesmerizing Magenta (no longer available).
- Finish off with a top coat. We used our go-to, Essie No Chips Ahead ($8).