The official first day of Winter hasn't even arrived, so can you believe that we are talking about Spring makeup already? As strange as it feels, get excited, because from the little sneak peeks I've seen so far, berry lips and cheeks, as well as metallics (of course) are going to be sprouting up all over.
Bobbi Brown is no exception; her 2008 Spring collection is called Raspberry. (I love this model's gap teeth — she reminds me of Lauren Hutton.) Of the collection, Bobbi says:
“Raspberry is a brilliant way to wear color. It brings out the natural flush of pink on cheeks. There’s a shade of raspberry for every complexion — from pink to deep raspberry."
Who doesn't love pink, but hopefully the rest of the upcoming collections are just a little bit more toned down. I think some of these colors look like they'd be difficult to pull off. Here's a look at a few of the items in this line, which goes on sale in early January. For a detailed description, including the price of each of the products,
- Pink Raspberry Face Palette ($55) contains cool, neutral tones for the eyes and bright shades for the lips and cheeks.
- Black Raspberry Lip Sheer ($22) is a light and creamy lipstick that gives lips a wash of see-through berry color.
- Lip Crayon ($22) is a jumbo-size pencil that has the feel of a lipstick. It's available in two new shades (wild raspberry and pink raspberry) and it comes with a sharpener.
- Pot Rouge For Lips and Cheeks ($22) is a cream-based formula that can be used on both your lips and cheeks. Just dot and blend. It's available in two new colors: pink raspberry and raspberry.
- Pink Raspberry Glitter Lip Gloss ($19) complements the new Pink Raspberry palette. This high-shine gloss provides shimmery, sheer coverage.
- Pink Popsicle Lip Gloss ($19) is a deeper and brighter color that looks great alone or over your favorite lipstick.
- Pink Raspberry Mini Brush Set ($55) includes four of Bobbi Brown's most popular mini brushes and comes in a soft, zippered black case with raspberry lining.