The other day we asked everyone for their best curly hair tips. We got such amazing responses (thanks!) that we decided to compile them into a few posts. Today, we're covering the best tips for styling your ringlets, so to find out some curly girls' secrets, just keep reading.
- People are almost unanimous on this one: Don't brush your hair, or at the very least, never brush it once it's dry. Instead, most readers recommend you try gently finger combing your hair while it's still wet.
- For very curly hair, air drying is much preferable to blow-drying. If you don't have time and have to use a dryer, use your diffuser attachment on low or medium.
- Use clear hair gel on wet hair instead of a silicone-based styling product to avoid breakage and dull buildup.
- Try reader Louie's salt spray to define and separate curls: "Just normal table salt, a teaspoon or so, in a spray bottle." Mix with water, and you're good to go.
- Reader Advah suggests using an old t-shirt to squeeze the water out of your hair instead of rubbing with a towel to help keep locks moist and frizz-free. Check out the "plopping" technique.