For those of you who are interested in at-home waxing kits, you'll love this recipe for a quick and easy homemade hair removal product. It's inexpensive, effective, and all you'll need are a few common kitchen ingredients. Before you begin, set aside:
- a cup of sugar
- a quarter cup of honey
- the juice from one-half of a lemon
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- a dozen thin cloth cotton strips
- a wooden tongue depressor
Following the steps are simple if you read carefully. Here's what you'll need to do:
- STEP 1: In a clean glass bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, and sugar. Mix together and heat on medium in the microwave for two minutes. Stir for one minute and then let it cool. The mixture should still be warm when you use it, but not so hot that you're in danger of burning yourself.
- STEP 2: Next, lightly dust the area you are about to wax with corn starch. Then, using the wooden tongue depressor, spread a thin layer onto your skin.
- STEP 3: Cover it quickly with the cotton strip and pat it down in the direction in which your hair grows. Using your less dexterous hand, pull on your skin a little bit so that it's taut. Use the other hand to rip off the cotton strip. The faster you can rip, the less painful it will be.
- STEP 4: Wax a few small areas and reheat the mixture as needed.
For the last three steps,