Doing Drugstore: Physicians Formula New Eco-Friendly Cosmetics
Physicians Formula has gone green! The brand has recently launched a line of eco-conscious, animal-friendly cosmetics called Organic wear. The packaging is made from (mostly) recycled paper as opposed to plastic, the brushes are goat hair, and every product is free of parabens, chemicals, preservatives, and fragrance. This is great news for those of you with sensitive skin.
Organic wear products are made from internationally certified organic ingredients that have been EcoCert-approved. I've tried several of the items and what I love the most is that they are natural-looking, build-able, and mattifying. I say if you have the option to indulge in something that is good for your skin and good for the environment, then why not make a choice that can help preserve our planet?
I also love the goofy model, who reminds me of Cabbage Head. For the scoop on each of the products,
- Concealer ($6.95) is a creamy and smooth concealer that helps reduce the appearance of blemishes, under-eye circles and blotchiness. It is available in four shades including green and yellow for color correction.
- Liquid Bronzer ($10.95) is a hydrating bronzer that creates a sheer, sun-kissed glow. Available in three shades: fair, medium and light.
- Powder Bronzer ($13.95) is dual-shaded matte bronzer made from Italian powder that comes with a mirror and brush. Available in six shades.
- Powder Blush ($11.95) contains a lighter and a darker shade to create a natural and matte flush. It comes with a mirror and brush and is available in six shades.
- Face Powder ($13.95) is dual shaded mattifying pressed powder. It comes with a mirror and brush and is available in nine shades.
- Loose Powder ($13.95) is a mattifying loose powder that comes with a mirror, kabuki brush and a sift lid for mess-free application. Available in six shades.
- Tinted Moisturizer ($9.95) is a sheer and moisturizing base that helps even out the tone of the skin. Available in four shades.
- Matte Finishing & Bronzing Veils ($13.95) helps create a matte, soft-focus finish on the skin. It absorbs oil, comes with a mirror on the cap, and is available in four shades.