Looking for a new lip color? Earlier this week, I asked you about your go-to lip shades, and you delivered. Whether you have warm undertones or your skin skews on the cool side, there's something here for everyone. From bold and bright to soft and versatile, here are five reader-approved lip shades. Get the details when you read more.
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Gloss in Ginger ($18), a cognac-toned shimmer, was recommended by alf9280. Who can wear it: This warm cinnamon shade probably works better on warmer skin tones. However, it does have a slight reddish tint to it with golden sparkle, giving it a universally flattering appeal.
- Don't like to fuss much? Reader chloe bella recommends NARS Lipstick in Belle du Jour ($24), a sheer beige with the slightest hint of color. Who can wear it: What makes this hue great is that it allows you to play up your eyes with bright, trendy shades like turquoise. It also just begs to be paired with a smoky eye.
- Skelly1029 is all for NARS Lip Gloss in Orgasm ($24), a pinky-peach shade. Who can wear it: Flattering golden undertones coupled with a flattering pink hue give it widespread appeal.
- "It is just a nice wash of color that doesn't come off," says bellazmom of CoverGirl Lipstain in Everbloom Kiss ($8). "I like it with a little lip balm on top," she adds. Who can wear it: This cool berry pink is gorgeous on cooler-toned skin. It would also wear well under a golden gloss for those who prefer to tone it down.
- "In warmer months, my go-to color is usually in the coral color family. . . Sometimes I reach for a heavier coverage [like], Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Coral Crush ($7.50)," says postmodernsleaze. Who can wear it: Coral is surprisingly more versatile than you'd expect. It is flattering on warm skin tones but also provides an unexpected twist for those with cooler tones, especially for green or blue eyes. Tip: dab coral lipstick on your cheeks for a pretty, warm flush.