Get the look of the honey bun and show off the beauty and strength of your hair. Herbal Essences celebrity ambassador, Nicole Scherzinger, rocks the look whether performing or at a fashion shoot.
Brushing, combing, heat styling, and ponytail holders can all give hair a workout, so starting with a strong base is important to both the strength and beauty of how your hair looks and feels. Follow these easy steps to getting the perfect honey bun!
1. Wash hair with Herbal Essences Honey, I’m Strong Shampoo and Conditioner to create a strong, silky base for your style. For extra nourishment and hydration, add the Honey, I’m Strong Rinse Out Treatment into your routine after you shampoo, rinsing out before you begin styling. It’s a great treatment for when your hair needs a little extra TLC. It’s also a good conditioner for thicker hair types.
2. Create a ponytail that sits high on the crown of your head. Separate the ponytail into three sections and backcomb each section of hair for more volume.
3. Loosely braid the ponytail, keeping the braid full, securing the braid at the end with a ponytail holder.
4. Create a bun with the braid by wrapping the braid around itself. Use bobby pins to secure the bun in place, tucking in any loose pieces.
5. Accessorize your honey bun with a headband, or try placing a barrette or hairpin into or near the bun.
Herbal Essences formula has 100 percent natural honey. The Honey, I'm Strong collection works to repair your hair’s protective outer layer and the rinse off treatment provides additional deep conditioning.