The other day, I was talking to Yum about her recent birthday. Lots of friends, a cookie cake, and a trip to Chicago. Not too bad — except for some burnt hair. While leaning over to blow out her candles, her locks momentarily caught on fire. Thanks to the quick action of her friends, she was OK and didn't lose a noticeable amount from her shiny mane.
If you've ever smelled burning hair, ugh — it's something you'll never forget. It's got a distinctive sulfur aroma that I'd prefer to never whiff again. Yum's story isn't the first time I've heard about or seen accidental flames in someone's locks. In fact, my best friend and my mom are among the unlucky few. So, fill me in. Have you ever charred your coiffure or are you one of the fortunate ones with strands that have remained spark-free?