Do you feel it in the air? It's party season, and that means you probably have more than just one festive social function marked in your calendar. But it also probably means you have very little time to actually get ready for said soirées. That's why I've devised this quick and simple multitasking guide for going from work to holiday gatherings in a flash. To see the step-by-step list, just keep reading.
- Base is ace: Start the day off by creating a solid base for which your makeup to stay. Pixi's Essentials Makeup Kit With Bag ($28) includes lots of goodies, but for this step, you'll just need the mini eye bright primer and mini facial primer. Then, simply apply your daytime makeup as usual and pack the gold clutch up with all of the products listed above.
- Revitalize: Before the party, refresh skin and makeup with a very light swipe of one moisturizing towelette. Try Frais Skin Revitalizer and Makeup Remover Towelettes ($10 for a pack of seven).
- Conceal and brighten: Simply use a dual-ended stick, like Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector ($8) to cover imperfections and highlight around the eyes, nose, chin, and forehead.
- The eyes have it: Break out the Pixi essentials kit again. Use the ultrablack eye pencil to waterline both the top and bottom lash lines for drama. Then, sweep on the goes-with-everything champagne-toned shadow to your lids and inner corners of the eye. Tip: set the black liner by lightly tapping on this shimmery shadow for a cool nighttime look.
- Cheeks and lips: Finish off with a multitasking cheek and lip product in a bright berry shade, like Lip and Cheek Stain ($14).