Looking effortlessly natural is easily achievable with a bright face and a smile to match, but add a feminine textured ponytail, and you have it made. Rodney Cutler, the stylist responsible for Emma Watson's pixie cut, created a textured feminine look for the Spring/Summer 2011 Banana Republic show. To find out how to achieve the look at home, keep reading.
- Spray a volumizer like Cutler Volumizing Spray ($21) on towel-dried hair.
- Twist sections of hair while drying it with a blow-dryer.
- When hair is dry, part your hair to the side, then pull it loosely into a ponytail at the nape of the neck. For a smooth look, secure the ponytail with elastic — the same shade as your hair.
- Pull out a few pieces of hair at the top of the crown to create height. Don't worry about making it perfect — it should look a little messy.
- To give hair more texture, apply Spray Redken 08 Wool Shake ($18) to the ponytail