Freida Pinto brought glamour to a whole new level with these glossy curls at the premiere of You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger at the Toronto Film Festival. We're coveting her look, created by stylist Jonathan Hanousek, and now he's sharing his step-by-step instructions for how we can re-create the style on our own. To find out how Jonathan gave Freida these voluminous waves, just keep reading.
- Begin by wrapping thin sections of hair (about one and a half inches wide) around a curling iron with a one inch barrel.
- Before curling, spray each section with a firm hold hairspray; Jonathan used Fekkai Sheer Hold ($21).
- For maximum impact, alternate the curls' direction with each section.
- For the front sections, curl the hair away from the face. Jonathan even used two small hair extensions on the sides for added fullness.
- After curling the entire head, flip your head over and lightly shake it out.
- Using a wide-tooth comb, tease the hair lightly for even more volume.
- Finish with a shine spray like Moroccanoil Glimmer Spray and another shot of hairspray to set. (Find a list of Moroccanoil products here.)