Welcome to a Bella mini-series on the mini-facial, where I'll detail specific fast skin recovery routines for those mornings where a face wash isn't enough. Sometimes your skin needs a little extra boost before you face the day, and we all know trying to mask a skin problem with makeup alone can only make it worse. So, check out our tips for righting what went wrong overnight.
Scenario 1: The A/C is broken. You spent the entire night tossing and turning in your own sweat — leaving your face shiny and on the verge of breakout.
Here's what to do:
- Wash your face with a soothing, foaming cleanser. It'll remove makeup without irritating and you won't miss a spot.
- Apply a clay-based mask that fights acne. Look for ingredients like charcoal or sulfur to really deep clean pores. Leave on for two to five minutes, then remove with a washcloth. Try Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask ($41).
- Follow with a moisturizing gel mask. Leave on for one minute. This will add some of the moisture you lost overnight and with your deep cleansing. Try Fresh Rose Face Mask ($55).
- Wash your face with cold water to remove any remnants of the mask.
- Apply a light moisturizer and a little de-puffing eye cream. Skip foundation and use oil-free concealer only around eyes, nose, and on blemishes — you'll want to keep skin as clean as possible.
Now go get some coffee.