We're excited to continue our partnership with YouTube star and beauty guru Michelle Phan! Every other week, we'll be bringing you the best from her website, MichellePhan.com. This week, Michelle shows you how to make a body scrub with three ingredients:
As the weather begins to cool, our skin becomes more high maintenance. The best thing you can do to keep your skin healthy and fresh 'til Spring is to exfoliate and moisturize, and this sugar and olive oil scrub does both!
Sugar Olive Oil Scrub
- Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons organic honey (does not have to be organic, regular honey is fine, too)
- One half cup organic sugar (does not have to be organic, regular sugar is fine too, but no Splenda)
- Measuring utensils
- One chopstick or stirring stick
- One clean container
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to your container.
- Next, add the honey.
- NOTE: Adding in this order will help to get all the honey out of the measuring utensil
- Add the sugar to the mixture.
- Stir well with the chopstick or stirring stick.
- These amounts don’t need to be exact, and you can adjust the proportions as needed.
- Do not store in the fridge – this will harden the mixture, which you do not want.
- Don't be afraid of the oil! It won't clog your pores!
- Wash your face and make sure your makeup is completely removed before applying the scrub.
- Use a tiny spatula to scoop one little scoopful, and apply all over your face.
- Scrub in a broad, circular motion (avoid your eye area!).
- After about 60 seconds, rinse off the mixture.
- Pat dry your face.
- Usually, my skin feels thoroughly moisturized, and I only apply my eye cream and acne solution after drying. But if you feel your skin still needs it, you can also apply moisturizer at this step.
- Use only at nighttime, but not recommended for nightly use. If you have sensitive skin, try using it once a week. If you have oily skin, twice using it once a week or every three to four days.
- This scrub is natural, organic, and fresh, and it should last you up to 30 days. It works great on any type of skin, too; I’ve used it every Winter, and I’ve never had a problem with it.
BONUS: This scrub also works great on dry or rough skin on the rest of your body. Apply it to your heels and feet for an at-home pedi treatment!
Let me know if you give it a try!
More stories from Michelle Phan: