There's no denying Rachel McAdams has been looking as beautiful as ever during her various 2011 Cannes Film Festival appearances. Good, clean living plays a part (as well as some enviable genetics), but it's also thanks to the work of her talented makeup artist (and sister), Kayleen McAdams. Learn how Kayleen created three of Rachel's Cannes red-carpet looks below:
"For the Midnight in Paris photo call, the dress was very youthful and fun. We knew we were focusing on the eyes and skin for the premiere [later that day], so we chose to do a bright fun lip," said Kayleen.
- Eyes: Kayleen applied Nars Duo Eye Shadow in Silk Road (a palette of pink and rose-gold shades) to Rachel's eyes and topped off her lashes with CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion in Very Black.
- Cheeks and lips: Nars Blush in Mata Hari gave a bright, rosy cheek, and Stila Convertible Color in Fuchsia provided the finishing touch.
To see Rachel's other two makeup looks, just keep reading.
For the Midnight in Paris premiere, Rachel's hair was set in 1940s-era waves, so Kayleen chose to create a makeup look quite different from the hairstyle. "Rachel's hair is a gorgeous shade of blond right now, so I chose to do a bronzy sun-kissed surfer girl glow," explained Kayleen.
- Eyes: Kayleen lined Rachel's eyes with Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Skorpios, a shimmery iridescent copper. Next, she used the burgundy shade from Chanel's Quadra Eye Shadow in Spices on the lid, using CoverGirl's Very Black mascara shade on the lashes.
- Cheeks and lips: Nars Blush in Lustre, a sheer golden apricot, along with Nuxe Cream Bronzer, provided the perfect bronzed glow. Kevyn Aucoin's The Celestial Powder in Candlelight was dusted on for a softening effect, and Nars Lip Gloss in Belize gave a golden shimmer to the lips.
For the Restless premiere, "I replicated the metallic tones in her [Rachel's] bustier and bracelets using antique taupe and silver tones on the eye. To keep the look youthful, I chose a bright deep raspberry for the lips and we kept that the only point of color for the entire look," said Kayleen.
- Eyes: Kayleen lined Rachel's eyes with Dior Crayon Eyeliner in Elegant Taupe, a light shimmery bronze shade, and applied Nars Duo Eye Shadow in Indian Summer, a champagne and mustard-colored palette, to the lids. She used CoverGirl's Very Black mascara on the top lashes, along with Clinique's Bottom Lashes Mascara on the bottoms.
- Cheeks and lips: The cheeks were kept light and neutral with Nars Blush in Lustre, and Giorgio Armani's Fluid Sheer #2 gave a pretty golden effect to the look. To finish, Rachel's lips were lined using MAC Lipliner in Beet, with Elizabeth Arden Crystal Clear Lip Gloss applied on top.