Sheer cocoa greasepaint eye makeup and impossibly sleek hair made the Cavalli show more sultry than most. Redken Creative Consultant Guido explained what really goes into making a hairstyle like this (hint: you might want some clip-in extensions). Here's how you can do it yourself:
- Create a messy center part, wet your hair, and apply Redken Align 12 Protective Straightening Lotion ($17), then blow-dry.
- Run through your hair with a flat iron, then section off some hair at the crown of your head.
- Scalp braid your hair horizontally from the occipital bone down to the nape of your neck.
- Clip in a layer of extensions that skims your lower back to create length, securing them in where the scalp braids began.
- Flat iron all your hair together to the very ends, and finish with Redken 02 Vinyl Glam Mega Shine Spray ($16) for separation and shine.