Skip Nav
Job Search
Never Make This Common Résumé and Cover Letter Mistake
Job Search
5 Ways to Spring Clean Your LinkedIn Profile
The 1 Easy Way You Can Become an Investment Genius

Dear Poll: What will you do with your Tax Refund?

Happy tax day! Are you getting a refund this year or did you have to pay up? Some people view their tax refund as "free money" while others are much more responsible with their government issued check. So I'm curious, what are you planning on doing with your tax refund?


Around The Web
Join The Conversation
joyofadventure joyofadventure 9 years
yea go Mac, you should def get ine they are amazing!! i got like $150, so i am putting most in the bank and maybe spending a little on myself, but i would like to know how some of these people got enough for a whole vacation!!
megagirl megagirl 9 years
Half in savings, half to a new laptop - I'm finally switching to a mac!
demeter demeter 9 years
I'm only getting like $136 I'm just going to buy stuff for myself :)
kendalheart kendalheart 9 years
Smallllllll refund this year, so im just saving it.
lickety-split lickety-split 9 years
no refund this year :(
books-and-shoes books-and-shoes 9 years
Bills for me too. *big sigh*
simplybe1 simplybe1 9 years
i'm getting a refund, i usually spend it on bills, but this year i am going to put most of it away to save for a new apartment. i am going to buy myself a lil somethin somethin, but nothing outrageous...maybe a new bra, and this dress i've been wanting, but couldn't bear to part with the money for. i know there are a million things i could get, but a new apt is definitely the thing i want the most!
grl-in-the-world grl-in-the-world 9 years
I got a refund this year so I'm giving half to my bf to help pay on the taxes he owes and the other half is in our vacation fund!
ALSW ALSW 9 years
We owe this year - the state is giving us a little back, but not enough to cover what we owe in federal taxes!
JustMe21 JustMe21 9 years
I owe, like every other year.
honeysugar28 honeysugar28 9 years
I need a new bedroom set so I'm using mine for that.
andaman andaman 9 years
Yep bills
t0xxic t0xxic 9 years
Bills Bills Bills. Next years is going on a 2nd wedding in vegas though ---
Fancy04 Fancy04 9 years
My hubby and I put ours in a Savings Account 4 our New Baby.
Masqueraded_Angel Masqueraded_Angel 9 years
I put 90% of my refund in savings and went to Ikea with the remaining 10% to buy a few things for my apartment. It wasn't much, but at least I know I have a little cushion in my savings accout in case of an emergency.
Megatron Megatron 9 years
Paid bills. That should have been an option in the poll.
popgoestheworld popgoestheworld 9 years
A big refund just means that you are paying the government too much and they are getting the benefit of investing your money instead of you. I had to pay several thousand but it was no big surprise and I had been saving for it. So I didn't really go celebrate forking over a large chunk of money to the gov't.
tifygodess24 tifygodess24 9 years
We put ours in savings , I like to know if I need money I have a savings acct to save my butt!
vanyvrgs vanyvrgs 9 years
I put all of it in my savings to make up for the money I took out last October to go to South Africa and Kenya on Safari. I was counting on a refund since I splurged for the trip and I got lucky....
i-heart-monster i-heart-monster 9 years
Half in savings and half to the front yard beautification project!
SU3 SU3 9 years
I have to use some of it for bills :( but I'm also putting some of it towards my trip to Italy :)
lovekailua lovekailua 9 years
pay bills :(
brandylyn brandylyn 9 years
I using it to go on a trip for my 30th birthday - Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands for 10 days. I can't wait!
PrissyLilBadAss PrissyLilBadAss 9 years
I spent it the day I got it. I'm horrible at saving money! I treated myself to a new Coach bag and Gucci sunglasses. "Party like a rock star, pound like a porn star, play like an all star!"
callmehoney callmehoney 9 years
i had to pay bills too. somehow...when i have extra bills seem to pop up.
Dear Poll: Do You Always Pick Up When Your Significant Other Calls?
Seth Rogen: Do, Dump, or Marry?
Love It or Leave It: Man's Grease
Dear Poll: Do You Turn Your Phone Off at Night?
Dear Poll: Have Most of Your Friends Started Families Already?
Dear Poll: What Do You Like Him to Wear Under There?
Dear Poll: Did You Eat as a Family Growing Up?

POPSUGAR, the #1 independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.

From Our Partners
Latest Career
All the Latest From Ryan Reynolds