So, I've told you how to go green in the bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room without spending money, and hopefully you'll take note. But, there are a few other ways you can become a better friend to the Earth by making changes around the house and in your lifestyle. To hear them,
- Donate any housewares and clothes you no longer need to a local donation center or Goodwill.
- Get a library card.
- Ride your bike, walk, carpool, or drive at a steady, reasonable speed whenever possible.
- Turn your lights off when you leave a room and your house.
- Prevent phantom energy loads by plugging your appliances into a power strip.
- Set your thermostat at a reasonable 68°F.
- Forgo turning on your elliptical machine and do some exercise that requires no electricity! Go for a run. Ride your bike. Lift weights. Work on your garden. Do some Spring cleaning.