Most of you have jobs related to your college majors, but have you wondered what your old major mates might be up to? PayScale put together a list of some of the most popular majors along with the most popular jobs and median salary for each. Their list includes the ten most popular jobs for each major, but you can find the two highest paying jobs for the majors they provided listed below. Are any of these occupation / major pairings surprising to you?
- Business Management Majors: Human Resources Director ($86,000), Project Manager, Construction ($86,000).
- Criminal Justice: Operations Manager ($81,000), Detective or Criminal Investigator ($63,000).
- English: Marketing Manager ($69,000), Technical writer ($65,000).
- Economics: Consultant, Business Process / Management ($104,000), Project Manager, IT ($95,000).
- History: Project Manager, Construction ($86,000), Operations Manager ($76,000).
See five more majors and their corresponding jobs when you
- Political Science: Intelligence Analyst ($81,000), Marketing Manager ($69,000).
- Psychology: Human Resources Manager ($65,000), Recruiter ($58,000).
- Biology: Quality Assurance Manager ($75,000), Clinical Research Associate ($69,000).
- Science: IT Consultant ($99,000), Project Manager, IT ($95,000).
- Mechanical Engineering: Design Engineering Manager ($104,000), Manufacturing Engineering Manager ($95,000).