Ever been late to the office because you were busy watching The Today Show — and admitted it? In CareerBuilder's annual survey, employers shared some of the most outrageous excuses their employees have given for being late to work. According to the results, 16 percent of workers report that they arrive late to work once a week or more, and 27 percent of workers arrive late to work at least once a month. Check out the 10 most unusual excuses for tardiness below.
- Employee's cat had the hiccups.
- Employee thought she had won the lottery (she didn't).
- Employee got distracted watching The Today Show.
- Employee's angry roommate cut the cord to his phone charger, so it didn't charge and his alarm didn't go off.
Keep reading for six more ridiculous excuses.
- Employee believed his commute time should count toward his work hours.
- Employee claimed a fox stole her car keys.
- Employee's leg was trapped between the subway car and the platform (turned out to be true).
- Employee said he wasn't late because he had no intention of getting to work before 9:00 a.m. (his start time was 8:00 a.m.)
- Employee was late because of a job interview with another firm.
- Employee had to take a personal call from the state governor (turned out to be true).
Which one do you think is the most outrageous?