Move aside, Mai Tai. The tropical drink's got some competition with the Kon-Tiki Swizzle, a contemporary tiki creation that boasts some surprising ingredients, from Campari to coconut water. For this edition of Happiest Hour, Morgan Schick, bar manager of San Francisco's Trick Dog and partner at Jupiter Olympus, shows us how to swizzle our way to Summer refreshment. Watch the video to get inspired.
To "swizzle," stick a barspoon or swizzle stick, spoon-side down, into the drink and spin it up and down between the palms until your glass is frosty.
- 1 1/2 ounces Appleton V/X
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce Velvet Falernum
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces coconut water
- Crushed ice
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Grapefruit peel, for garnish
- Combine first five ingredients in a highball or zombie glass. Fill with crushed ice. Swizzle.
- Garnish with mint, grapefruit peel.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- Makes 1 drink