Cameron Diaz is on the cover of this month's W, and even though it's not as steamy as her last shoot with the magazine, she's leggy and gorgeous as ever. She and Ashton are promoting What Happens in Vegas — like on Saturday's SNL — but she found time to discuss heavy issues like her goals, happiness, and what she'd be doing if she wasn't an actor. Here's more:
- This year's goal: “Just kind of taking more time getting to know myself. It sounds so corny that I can’t believe I even just said that, but, you know, there comes a time when you really have to get to know who you are. I’ve just been figuring out what interests me and spending time with people who are important to me and being present in my own life."
- On admitting that she is happy: "I think sometimes people are afraid to say that they’re happy—they feel guilty about it. My life isn’t perfect. I have my struggles; everybody does. But I want to appreciate all of the amazing things in my life. People should have the right to be happy.”
- On what she'd be doing if she didn't act: "I wanted to be a zoologist, to study the sociology of animals. But that’s pretty much what I do now anyway. I thought I’d be on the plains of Africa watching lions, but instead I’m in Hollywood watching train wrecks.”
To read what Cameron has to say about life after Justin, why she loves NYC and Vegas, and what she'll do next, just
- On life post-JT: "I’m in love with love. I’m in love with life. This year I just sort of decided, you know, there’s a lot of things that I’ve been wanting to do, and I’m going to do them."
- Why she's falling in love with NYC: "You can walk down the street and end up in a gallery or some wonderful ethnic-food restaurant, or you can stop in a shop that sells, I don’t know, staplers from all over the world! You don’t get that in L.A.—that kind of, I don’t know, specialty.”
- Why she decided to star in this movie: “I just really wanted to spend the summer having a good time and laughing and enjoying myself . . . I looooove Vegas. It’s such an easy trip from LA, and there’s always a hotel room because there’s about a billion of them. But honestly, you don’t even really need one if you’re just going for the weekend!”
- On what she'll do next: “I envision a full year off, just living life and having fun. It’s the best thing."
Regardless of where Cameron is based, it seems like the ultimate California girl will have fun no matter what. Especially now that she has a possible new man in her life, who knows what's in the cards for Cameron.