If Demi Moore is trying to prove that she's not too old to compete with Hollywood's young blood, she's definitely doing a good job of it by posing in a bikini for V magazine. She may have had "some" work done, but she looks pretty damn good and certainly not her age of 45. In the article, Demi talks about everything from her family to Britney to trying to keep up the appearance of looking young. Here are highlights:
- On making her relationship with Ashton work: "It wasn't automatic or easy. It took diligence and effort and even enduring awkwardness, and a lot of general giving on my part and Bruce's part. And really, tremendously, on Ashton's part. Coming into my life, Ashton just wasn't meeting somebody that had baggage. You know, I had trunks!"
- On her daughter, Rumer, attracting media attention: "It's a little bit scary. It's hard to say no to curious teenagers when exciting events or things are happening. You can't live in a bubble. A key thing, and I've said this before, is to try to help your children be good decision makers."
- On Britney Spears: "No one has seen it worse than Britney Spears. How can anyone see that and think that's an okay way to expect anybody to live, no matter where they're at in their life?"
To see what Demi had to say about her everyday life, just
- On her routine: "My normal day is, I get up with the kids, take them to school, a few days a week I might do Pilates, reading, meetings, and then we always do family dinner at 6:30."
- On making her family work: "It's far more exhausting to be angry and blaming. You can dig deep within yourself and really have a desire for someone else's happiness, which I feel I do have for Bruce and he has for me. He has a joy and appreciation for what Ashton and I share, and for how Ashton is with the girls."
- On Ashton holding his own in a house full of women: "I definitely can't answer for him but I think it certainly wasn't a difficult transition. Ashton's relationship with his own mother is really wonderful, so it made the transition to being with a woman with daughters something he didn't bat an eye at. It also says a lot about the confidence that he holds within himself as an individual."
- On antiaging: "It's important not to get yourself obsessed, because it's a game you're going to lose. When people get too obsessed we start to see these faces that don't move and are so manipulated that there’s no life to them anymore. One of the most important things about antiaging is really in your thinking, it's what you believe. If you think you're old, feel that you're done growing, then you're going to have a stale life force around you. I've always enjoyed being childlike and placed an importance on being silly and playing and remembering not to take myself too seriously, because I certainly have in the past."
We've always been impressed at the great relationship Bruce, Demi, and Ashton seem to have, and it sounds like this mom really does have it all together. As for getting older, back in September Demi complained about ageism in Hollywood, but these covers are likely to draw the attention of a producer or two. If not, at least Ashton has something hot to hang up on his wall.