Jennifer Lopez looks gorgeous and glamorous on the cover of the September issue of Elle, but the real fun is in the photo shoot inside the magazine. J Lo got to play dress up along with some of the biggest names in fashion, getting fancy yet flirty with the likes of Marchesa, Michael Kors and Donatella Versace. In the article she gushes about her favorite designers but also opens up about her family. Here are highlights:
- On not being able to get pregnant right away: “We knew nothing was wrong with either one of us—I had been checked, and he had kids already. I knew something’s not ready here, in my head or in my life, and when it is, I know it’s going to happen.”
- On first realizing she was pregnant: “I was sitting down doing hair and makeup and I felt a flutter. The weirdest little…flourish. My makeup artist said ‘What’s the matter?’ I didn’t say anything, but in my head, I was like, I have life inside me!”
- On motherhood: “I don’t know if I’m going to have kids again, so I want it to be a beautiful experience. I don’t want to have any drama. I want to just be smiling every day."
To see what else J Lo had to say about the designers and commissioning photos of herself pregnant, just
- On Dolce and Gabbana: “My babies! I love them, I love them, I love them.”
- On shooting in Washington Heights with Oscar de la Renta: “We were in the hoody! All kinds of locals hanging around, eating out of paper bags, thinking, what’s going on here? It was crazy.”
- On being pregnant and commissioning a book of photos of herself for Marc two weeks before giving birth: “I was like, How am I going to rock this moment of my life?... I felt very womanly. Marc was in a dream. He loved it.”
It's a tough job being a mom and a fashionista, but Jennifer seems to have figured out the delicate balance. While she might not have any help with her twins, she obviously has plenty of designers in her corner to keep her looking so fabulous.