Mischa Barton ditched the red lips and dark hair showing off more Marissa Cooper colored locks and natural make-up in Belfast today. Now if only she would return to Marissa's sense of style. It's been years since The OC went off the air, but Mischa hasn't forgotten about the character that put her on the map. In January's Maxim, she talks about her life, projects, and playing a California bad girl. Here are highlights:
- On the films she's been working on: "I’m happy that I’ve been working constantly since The O.C., and that my career has been going the way I want it. As an actor, all I wanted was creative freedom—to be able to pick and choose movies. I couldn’t be happier."
- On being different from Marissa Cooper: "Even if I was a precocious teenager, it's a New York vs. L.A. thing. I never experienced the 'anything goes' chaos we sold on The O.C."
To see more pictures and read about what Mischa had to say about getting into acting and doing nude scenes, just
- On being discovered at Summer camp: "I remember going to camp with my older sister, who completely ditched me because she was 16 and I was eight and I was uncool to have around. I ended up doing all these monologues, and it paid off, because some agent came up to my mom and said I should try acting."
- On Marissa: "Marissa was a nut case. I didn't have much in common with her. In New York I'd want to go out at 15 or 16, but I got it out of my system."
- On taking it all off: "I don't mind nudity. I just don't do it that often. It depends on the film and if I trust the director and if the context is emotional or just sexual."
We'll always have a soft spot for Mischa as Marissa, but we can't wait to see what the starlet has in store next.