I had seen her on MTV cribs, in Baby Phat ads, as a talk show host, and among the party pictures in the pages of magazines. She seemed like a sweet lady, mommy, and wife. I thought, wow she is only 29 and is "happily" married with 2 girls and runs her own clothing line - what a success! A former model with enough Louis Vuitton bags to open up stores from coast to coast - no seriously - apparently she has the largest collection known to man. All this greatness was felt before I read this month's Vanity Fair article - I have compiled my favorite quotes, in no particular order, for you to enjoy. Decide for yourself if she is as fabulous and successful as she thinks she is.
10. "I am anorexic"
9. "You can be rich and not be famous. You can be famous and not be rich. But to be rich and famous is a special category all by itself."
8. "I'm not used to having a boss. I'm the boss. I don't need the money. I'm filthy fucking rich!"
7. "I represent luxury"
6. "What kind of life am I setting up for her (her = daughters)?...It's not just about making them, like, not be assholes, which is what I think any parent would do."
5. "I am not the kind of girl that gets in trouble. You will never find somebody who can say, 'Well, I don't like that bitch. I came home one day and she was giving my man a blow job.' I'm not that kind of girl. I'm a girl's girl. I'm a woman's woman. I'm a cool girl. I'm not a bitch. There's a difference. And the girls that try to take him (husband Russell Simmons) are bitches."
4. "I will beat a bitch's ass" (mentioned multiple times)
3. "I wear fur and if somebody throws shit on me I'm gonna whup your ass! I wish somebody would throw shit on me"
2. "He's (husband Russell) raising all this money for children, and blah blah blah. The world sees the philanthropist, the entrepreneur, the businessman, the famous man, the GQ 'Man of the Year.' The world doesn't see you when you're at home stealing my razor."
1. On getting busted for drugs, "It was P-O-T, I do believe, but it was not mine...It was a very tiny amount. Like $5. Believe you me, if I was buying, it wouldn't look like that."