Drew Barrymore welcomes Fall with a sexy stare on the October cover of Harper's Bazaar. Under Drew's creative direction, the magazine took a trip back in time to the '60s, her favorite era, shooting her in vintage couture gowns from designers like Givenchy, Chanel, Valentino, and Dior. The Going the Distance star just wrapped her promotional tour for the film, and now she's sharing more about her relationship with costar Justin Long, growing up in the spotlight, her newfound independence, and her body image. Drew said:
- On describing herself: "Not ambitious, arrogant, or cold. Lazy? No, I'm not lazy enough. Dominant — more so than people would think. I'm a total control freak and love to participate in the design of every single aspect of life."
- On her costar Justin Long: "He's the cat's pajamas, I couldn't love, respect, admire, and enjoy that individual more than I do. It would be physically impossible for me to have any more giggly joy at this person."
- On her body image: "I feel like some of my baby fat is going away, and that's not just physically, it's psychologically. I think that your body is in tune with your mind and your spirituality and your heart. If things are going better, I just think you look better."
To read what Drew has to say about her independence and her favorite food, just read more.
- On her newfound independence: "I'm really good on my own, I was good in my early teens, and then I got really bad at being alone for like 10 years. And then for the last decade I've developed such a love of my independence that I have to go, 'Okay, you've had dinner by yourself three nights in a row, now you have to see your friends' . . . I just want balance. I think my life has been extremely inconsistent. It just makes me more passionate about it. I never have been insecure, because I see what a waste it is. I know there is a solution to insecurity. I don't tend to be thrown by problems that don't have solutions. And insecurity has a wealth of alternatives."
- Drew on being active: "I actually really love to lie in bed, watch TV, be a total sloth, and eat my favorite food: Kraft macaroni and cheese. Last night I was watching The Next Food Network Star, eating mac and cheese, and feeling grand. And that was after I wore a sequined Givenchy gown with giant holes cut out of it."