Katherine Heigl and her daughter Naleigh Kelley gracefully pose in a loving embrace on the December cover of W. The issue celebrates many different types of celebrity families from those with many kids to couples preparing for their first. Following last month's nude Kim Kardashian shoot, model Miranda Kerr is photograhed naked inside the magazine to honor her pregnancy with husband Orlando Bloom. She talks about future career plans and keeping the sex of her unborn child a surprise. Usher, Madonna, and Katherine also open up about parenthood and what the bonds with their sons and daughters mean to them — check out the slideshow of gorgeous images. Read the full interview on W's site. Here are the highlights:
- Miranda on starting a family: "For me, family is life . . . The decision to start one wasn't complex at all . . . My career has been wonderful, but it's not my life. I don't feel pressure to get back to work. My goal involves a hammock, a vegetable patch, and a solar-powered house. And I hope to eventually get there."
- Katherine on adopting Naleigh: "Three or four days before I traveled to Atlanta to shoot Life as We Know It, I became Naleigh's mother . . . I was about to play a woman who inherits a baby, and I was experiencing the same things as my character. I didn't really want to let Naleigh out of my sight, but it's not terribly realistic to have a baby in a trailer 12 to 14 hours a day."
- Katherine on adapting to having a child: "I knew there was no way in hell I was going to get rid of any of my dogs to make room for a baby. Naleigh loves them. Sometimes it reminds me of The Jungle Book. I'm like, Oh, my God — she's being raised by animals."
To read Madonna's take on Lourdes's fashion choices just read more.
- Madonna on Lola's attire: "We have rules . . . She can wear makeup when she goes to parties and special events. And ya know, there's always a little bit of a discussion about how short the skirt is . . . or is there some cleavage showing. And I always say to her, 'Do you want everybody to be staring at your breasts, or do you want people to talk to you?'"
- Madonna on learning to compromise with Lola on fashion: "I think we complement each other, disagree on a few things," "There's definitely clashes," Lola interjected, "but it all works out." Naturally, Madge had the last word. "I wouldn't have worn this flannel shirt thing," she added, pointing to the offending garment, "but she looks good in it.'"