Angelina Jolie has been busy in Budapest working on her directorial debut, but she's on the cover of December's Vogue chatting about The Tourist ahead of its holiday release. She and costar Johnny Depp are also featured in the new Entertainment Weekly, in which they discuss meeting for the first time. Angelina spoke to the Vogue's Vicki Woods about her sometimes surprising love for Brad, Pax's skills as a chef, and Shiloh's unique pet request. She also posed for a shoot with Mario Testino — see photos of the star in the magazine throughout the years. She said:
- On wearing black: "As Brad'll tell you—and my kids—apparently Mommy only wears black. . . I like to get up so every pair of pants goes with every top, every dress goes with every shoe. I've a very tiny closet. Brad's always laughing at me. Some days, yes, I have the nightgown that looks like a dress that I can sleep in and pick the kids up at school. And maybe take a meeting if I switch into heels."
- On Brad's looks: "Well, he's a handsome man. . . No, I think he's an extremely sexy—extremely handsome and the most sexy. . . . When I think about him, I just think of the man who's such a great friend and such an extraordinary father. And that's when I fall, you know, when I have my moments of getting—whoarr!—caught up in how much I love him . . . it's usually when I see him with the children."
- On her big family: "I only planned for two! To each his own. It's one of those things. How you build your family—you have to know what you're capable of handling and how your children will relate to each other. Maybe if you have one child and that child has a lot of needs, you realize you cannot give more attention to another. Sometimes you just know as a parent. We felt we could handle more children, and we have a very happy, very full home."
- On Shiloh's unique pet request: "Shiloh found a dead bird, so she came in and said, 'Can I have a dead pet?' And I'm . . . 'Uh-uh, I don't think it's healthy, honey. I think they have to put him in a box,' and I had to run out to find, like, a taxidermy bird. I just worked it out for her."
- On her cooking skills: "I'm not the best cook. Pax is a better cook than me. Pax likes to cook. But I try to when I can. Any house that we're in, we all chip in. But the kids are very sweet . . . so enthusiastic anytime I cook. Especially Maddox; he's just this little man that's very supportive of me—it's like he's raised me a bit. So I cooked them all breakfast before school this morning, and he has that kind of 'Thanks, Mom! Good job!'"
To see what Angelina says about working with Johnny and The Tourist, just
- On deciding to do The Tourist: "I was looking for a very short thing to do before Brad started filming [Moneyball]. And I said I needed something that shoots not too long, in a nice location for my family. Somebody said there's a script that's been around, and it shoots in Venice and Paris. And I said, 'Is it a character I haven't played before?' And they said, 'Yes, it's a lady.'"
- On switching off films with Brad: "We take turns working. One of us is always at home with the kids—always. Taking them out to things and being there with them and bringing them to school or to the set to visit Mommy or Daddy."
- On getting Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck to shoot The Tourist: "I couldn’t believe it that he was open to doing it, and then we found out that Johnny was open to doing it. So what was always this tiny idea to do a little film in Europe suddenly became this . . . bigger movie."
- On her children's high school: "Hopefully, they'll go to high school in Aix-en-Provence. It looks like a great place to be a teenager."