Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik's Relationship Timeline Is Rich With Romantic Moments
Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik have been dating on and off since 2015, and they have a ton of cute moments under their belts. While their relationship may have hit a bump last year, it looks like these two are back on and as strong as ever. Earlier this week, it was reported that they're expecting their first child together. While they have yet to publicly confirm the news themselves, sources are reporting that Gigi is having a baby girl. Read on and get all caught up with their romance ahead, and then find out which other musicians were fortunate enough to date Gigi.
November 2015 to January 2016
- November 2015: News reports claim that Gigi and Zayn are dating after the two were spotted together leaving The Nice Guy in West Hollywood; Gigi attended the American Music Awards earlier that evening.
- December 2015: The "Pillowtalk" singer makes his relationship with the model Instagram official by sharing a captionless shot of him and Gigi looking rather cozy.
- January 2016: Weeks later, Gigi follows suit and shares a shirtless photo of Zayn holding her kitten, Cleo, on Instagram, further proving they're hot and heavy. The duo is then spotted braving the chilly NYC weather on multiple occasions and Gigi makes a supersexy appearance in Zayn's "Pillowtalk" video.
February 2016 to May 2016
- February 2016: Zayn shares a black and white Polaroid snap of himself kissing a smiley Gigi on Instagram.
- March 2016: The couple takes their love overseas and is seen holding holding hands in Milan. A few weeks later, the pair celebrates the release of Zayn's Mind of Mine album with two separate outings.
- April 2016: The duo is featured in a romantic spread for Vogue. Later that month, Gigi rings in her 21st birthday with Zayn by her side, of course.
- May 2016: Gigi and Zayn make their first-ever red carpet appearance together at the Met Gala.
June 2016 to November 2016
- June 2016: News breaks that Gigi and Zayn have called it quits in early June after seven months of dating. According to E! Online, sources revealed that the couple hit a handful of rough patches and that "during her birthday they were fighting." Days later, the model attends the Maybelline New York Beauty Bash in LA and gives the man in her life a shout-out, telling Elle Magazine that she likes to "hang out with my boyfriend" during her nights in. She was also spotted dancing and singing to Zayn's "Pillowtalk" later that evening. The two then confirm they're back on by holding hands in NYC and Gigi even took to Twitter to share a sweet message for Zayn after he canceled his show due to anxiety.
- August 2016: The couple jets out to Tahiti for a romantic getaway.
- September 2016: Zayn supports Gigi at New York Fashion Week. "@GiGiHadid Good luck tonight baby." he writes on Twitter. "You're about to show the world your amazing GxTH collection. I am so proud. You are an inspiration. X." Days later, they travel to the UK for London Fashion Week.
- November 2016: Gigi and Zayn attend the American Music Awards, where they celebrate the model's hosting gig and Zayn wins the award for favorite new artist of the year.
January 2017 to June 2018
- January 2017: Engagement rumors begin swirling when Gigi is spotted wearing a gold band on her left hand. Zayn also debuts a new tattoo on his knuckles that reads "Love."
- January 2018: He also gets a tattoo of her eyes on his chest.
- March 2018: Gigi and Zayn break up after reportedly drifting apart. "Gigi and I had an incredibly meaningful, loving and fun relationship," Zayn writes on Twitter. "I'm grateful to all of our fans for respecting this difficult decision." Gigi then follows suit with a statement of her own. "I'm forever grateful for the love, time, and life lessons that Z and I shared," she writes. "As for the future, whatever's meant to be will always be."
- June 2018: Gigi and Zayn rekindle their romance a month later.
January 2019 to April 2020
- January 2019: Gigi and Zayn call it quits once again. According to Us Weekly, they "tried to make it work," but "it just got to be too much." It's reported they've been "spending time apart" for the last two months.
- February 2020: After much speculation, Gigi confirms that she and Zayn are back together with a sweet Valentine's Day post on Instagram. "HEY VALENTINE," she captioned a photo of Zayn. "Z on the farm ♡ Dec 2019."
- April 2020: News breaks that they're reportedly expecting their first child. While Gigi and Zayn have yet to officially confirm the news, the model is allegedly having a baby girl.