7 Facts About Julianne Hough's Wedding That Will Make You Feel Like You Were There
Julianne Hough tied the knot with NHL player Brooks Laich in a beautiful ceremony earlier this month, and over the past few days, we've been getting little tidbits here and there about their big day. Julianne told People that her favorite moment from the wedding was "kissing each other for the first time as husband and wife as the confetti cannons exploded around us. I couldn't stop crying all weekend and most people [thought] I would have cried during the entire ceremony, but instead I was just so excited and ready to celebrate!" Julianne and Brooks dated for a year and a half before announcing their engagement in August 2015.
- Their wedding location holds special significance for the couple. Julianne and Brooks exchanged "I dos" in an outdoor ceremony on Lake Coeur d'Alene, ID, where Julianne spent most of her Summers growing up. "When I introduced Brooks to the lake, he fell in love with this special spot, and we knew this was where we wanted to raise our family and grow old together," Julianne told People. "It just felt right to be married here."
- It was a lavish affair. Event planner Troy Williams of Simply Troy Lifestyle + Events designed the ceremony, which included more than 2,000 blooms, 100 flower boxes, confetti cannons, and at least 200 garden roses in the reception centerpieces. After the wedding, the couple donated all the flowers to The Full Bloom, an organization that reuses flowers for patients in hospitals, hospice care, and other facilities.
- The night was full of surprises. During the reception, Julianne's bridesmaids surprised her with a dance number to Sia's "The Greatest," which also happens to be one of her favorite songs. Julianne also surprised her husband with a fireworks display over the lake during their first dance (to OneRepublic's "All This Time").
- Guests didn't leave the wedding empty-handed. The pair put together presents by Gifts for the Good Life, which featured a Happy Spritz facial spray, Sugarfina Bubbly Bears with a J&B monogram, and a make-your-own margarita set with Casamigos Tequila or make-your-own lemonade kit.
- Julianne and Brooks wed in front of 200 guests. Among them were Nina Dobrev, Aaron Paul, Mark Ballas, and Derek Hough.
- The couple dressed to impress. Brooks wore a black and white Brooks Brothers tuxedo, while Julianne stunned in a strapless custom Marchesa gown, complete with a double-tiered veil, and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.
- Attendees dined on delicious food from Le Catering. Dinner included smoked Columbia River steelhead with Washington apple coleslaw, chili aioli, ginger-glaze charcoal-braised short ribs, and, for dessert, a strawberry-rhubarb crisp with whipped sour cream.