This Fall, Fox is adding a couple of new comedies to its slate. In addition to The Mindy Project, there's Ben and Kate, which is about a pair of siblings (Nat Faxon and Dakota Johnson) who rely on each other as adults as much as they did when they were kids dealing with their parents' messy divorce. Find out whether the sitcom is one you'll want to be watching when it premieres tonight.
- What it's about: Ben (Faxon) is the lovable screwup older brother of Kate (Johnson), a single mom to a young daughter, Maddie. He makes a habit of showing up to crash on their couch and then disappearing, but this time, Ben decides he wants to stick around and help Kate raise Maddie.
- Where it works: The humor is silly but fun, and Faxon and Johnson are very cute and funny as brother and sister, whether they're clashing or bonding. And they're not the only good parts of the cast; little Maggie Elizabeth Jones (you may remember her from We Bought a Zoo), who plays Kate's daughter, is adorable, while British comedienne Lucy Punch adds a bit of edgy humor as Kate's sassy friend.
- Where it doesn't: There's not much of a story to get invested in; the pilot introduces romantic plot lines for both Ben and Kate and then quickly disposes of them, so I'm not sure what an entire season would be about.
- When it's on: Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. on Fox
- You might like this show if: You like the goofiness of Happy Endings and the warmth of Modern Family.
See some photos and watch a preview of Ben and Kate after the jump.
Photo courtesy of Fox