- Zap2It reports that Showtime has picked up The L Word for a sixth and final season.
- A Ponds ad featuring Chinese actress Tang Wei has been banned in China — not because of the content of the advertisement, but because of "official displeasure" at Wei's involvement in the Ang Lee film Lust, Caution, Variety reports.
- Justin Chadwick, director of The Other Boleyn Girl, is in talks to direct a contemporary London thriller titled The Property, writes ComingSoon.
- According to Variety, Cate Blanchett will play Blanche DuBois in an Australian production of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Gnarls Barkley's video for "Run" has been re-edited to pass the Harding Test — guidelines intended to prevent TV images from triggering epileptic seizures — and can now air in the U.K., Billboard reports.
- According to Hollywood Reporter, the Warner Bros. Television Group will resurrect The WB network in the form of a new website that will feature video of old WB favorites, like Gilmore Girls and Everwood.
Photo courtesy of Showtime