ABC introduced several new shows at the Winter TCA, but the network closed out the day with a hit that's wrapping up its final run: Desperate Housewives. The soap is on its last season, so creator Marc Cherry joined the cast, including Eva Longoria, Teri Hatcher, and Felicity Huffman, to talk about the rest of the last season. The cast and crew had a lot of funny things to say about the matter, so I've highlighted the best quotes from the panel below.
- "The hair and makeup people will go through more hell than they've ever gone through." — Cherry, confirming that he was going to "do a Hitchcock" and cameo in the very last episode
- "It might have been my garbage men." — Longoria, on having once said she needed to buy a house with a garage because people were standing in her driveway when the show started getting popular
- "This is like having the funeral before you die." — Huffman, commenting on everyone talking about the final season before it aired
- "I'm never sending these girls to Dubai." — Cherry, on there being no plans for a Desperate Housewives movie, and simultaneously making a Sex and the City 2 joke
- "It gets higher?!" — Longoria's reaction to Huffman's reciting the fact that 60% of first marriages end in divorce and 80% of second marriages end in divorce