- The fringes of success. Fringe premiered to OK, but not stellar, ratings on Tuesday, drawing about 9 million viewers for its 95-minute premiere.
- 9021-ouch. After its record-breaking debut last week, 90210 crashed to Earth this week, registering just 3.3 million viewers, about a third below last week. (Still higher than Gossip Girl, though, which brought in about 3.2 million people.)
- Meanwhile . . . Airing in the time slot opposite 90210, The Secret Life of the American Teenager got series-high (and ABC Family record) ratings for its finale, with 4.5 million viewers. And who directed that episode? Jason Priestley!
- VMA magic. Britney Spears's three wins helped propel the MTV Video Music Awards to its best ratings in years, with 8.4 million viewers.
- Standing up. Stand Up to Cancer brought in 10.3 million viewers last Friday, a totally respectable number to go along with that $100 million it raised.
- True Blood in trouble? The Alan Ball series had a weak debut on Sunday, pulling in just 1.4 million viewers.
Photo courtesy of Fox