- Idol wave. The return of American Idol always means huge ratings, and this week was no exception: Tuesday's premiere drew about 30 million viewers (down slightly from last year but still giant), while Wednesday's second episode actually ticked up to about 30.3 million viewers.
- Golden. Back after essentially skipping a year of glitz and glamour, the Golden Globes drew an average of 14.6 million viewers on Sunday.
- Grissom's goodbye. Not even a late start thanks to President Bush's farewell address could bring down CSI's ratings for William Petersen's big farewell. The episode pulled in about 23.1 million viewers on Thursday.
- Jack's back. Opposite the Golden Globes, Sunday's season premiere of 24 drew about 12.5 million viewers. Part two of the premiere on Monday practically equaled that, with 12.3 million viewers.
- 9021-uh-oh. 90210 took a huge hit opposite Idol, coming in with 2.1 million viewers. Privileged also struggled with just 1.1 million.
Photo courtesy of Fox