"The Office" is back! I loved seeing all the old familiars, though I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't like "The Office" as an hour-long show. Everything even wrapped up all nice and neat at the half-hour mark during this week's season premiere, so it easily could have just stopped there.
Still, some unnecessary scenes aside, I love this show and am thrilled to see it back on TV! There were some big things in this week's episode (you probably know what I'm talking about!), so let's discuss (spoilers ahead) if you
Here are some parts of the episode I just have to highlight:
- Oh my gosh Pam and Jim! That moment they shared in the car made me gasp. I'm not sure how I feel about how they accelerated their relationship so quickly (last we knew they were just going to dinner and now it's a lot more than that), but I have to say, they are so darn cute together.
- Michael hitting Meredith with his car was horribl…y funny.
- Dwight: “It’s only Meredtih.”
Michael: “Yeah, it’s only Meredith. Thank God.”
- Pam: “Can’t your other cats keep her company?”
Angela: “There’s bad blood! Jealousies. Cliques.”
- Michael: “Yes, it was on company property, with company property. So, Double Jeopardy. We’re fine.”
Ryan: “I don’t think you understand how 'Jeopardy' works.”
Michael: “Oh, right. ‘What is, we’re fine.'"
- Michael: “Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don’t know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I’ll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don’t sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I am trying to make.”
- Dwight, trying to comfort Angela about the death of Sprinkles: “She’s in a better place. Actually, the place that she is in is the freezer. Because of the odor.”
- Michael: "I need to get rid of the curse that hit Meredith with my car. I’m not superstitious. But I’m a little stitious."
- Kevin: "I thought they’d be good together. Like… PB and J. Pam… Beasly and… Jim. What a waste. What. A. Waste."
- Can I just remark on how gorgeous Pam's hair looks?
- Michael turns over a large picture of Meredith’s face, asking people to take a look into the face of rabies. “That should scare you.”
- I have a problem with the part when the camera crew show Pam and Jim the video of them kissing in the car. Why would they do that? The crew — or anyone behind the camera, really — has never been involved like that. It seemed so weird and unnecessary. I know it was just to make them say out loud to the camera that they're dating, but it seemed like a major stretch.
- Pam: "Also, there is no such thing as a rabies doctor.”
- Michael: “I’m fast. I’m very fast! I’m like Forrest Gump. Except I’m not an idiot.”
- They are so clearly in California and not Pennsylvania when they're running the Fun Run. Just saying.
- Dwight offers to have Sprinkles stuffed. “Or we can have her buried out at the East Field, by mother!”
- Andy's bleeding nipples made me feel queasy.
- Michael: “You don’t know me. You’ve just seen my penis."
What did you think of the season premiere of "The Office"?
Photos courtesy of NBC