In this week's episode of "The Office," Ryan returns to the Scranton branch to explain that Dunder-Mifflin is becoming faster, younger and more efficient with a new website and new technologies, like BlackBerrys for every employee. Michael decides these ideas are ageist and opts for an old-fashioned way of making business connections. Meanwhile, there's trouble between Dwight and Angela, and Jim and Pam "come out." To see some of the things that I liked best about this week's episode, and to add your own thoughts,
- I love how bitter and childish Toby acts about Pam and Jim's relationship, saying they don't need to sign the paperwork because theirs just a casual thing.
- Andy: "Jim Halpert’s off the market. Guess who just became the best looking single guy in the office."
- Pam reads off Michael's list of "that's what she said" setup lines: "'Can you make that straighter? That job looks hard. You should put your mouth on that.' How can you use that one naturally?"
Michael: "Blowing up balloons, I thought."
- Dwight pulls a cat out from under his coat. "He’s a feral barn cat! I trapped him last night and I’m giving him to you as a replacement cat for the one I destroyed."
Angela: "Her name was Sprinkles."
Dwight: "And this one’s name is Garbage."
When Angela leaves, Dwight throws the cat into another office.
- Jim points out that Dunder-Mifflin already has a website, one that says "Under construction. Coming Christmas 2002!"
- Phyllis: "Sorry, I didn’t know you guys were in here."
Jim: "Oh, we’re just sitting here."
Phyllis: "Oh. I couldn’t see your hands."
- "We have a date!" Kelly squeals after she tricks Ryan into going to dinner with her by telling him she’s pregnant
- Michael says he would have printed out new photos for his ageism presentation, but there was no more ink left in the printer. Cut to Creed's new ink-black hair.
- Michael: "Why do we as a society hate old people so much?"
Creed: "Because they’re lame."
- Angela breaks up with Dwight saying "I will leave your toothbrush on top of your tire tomorrow morning."
- The new young "almost 30" Creed, to Ryan: "Hey bra, I been meaning to ask you, can we get some Red Bull for these things? Sometimes a guy’s gotta ride the Bull, am I right? Later, skater."
- Michael, talking to one of his former clients about children: "Ah, they grow up so fast. I have a few of my own that I want someday."
- Michael: "Life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake."
What did you think of this week's "Office"?
Photos courtesy of NBC