You guys, Toby's back! I'm so happy! He's one of my all-time favorite supporting characters on The Office (who's yours?). Michael is none too pleased with this "sudden reappearance" and he tries to get Toby fired. Meanwhile, Jim has a pretty big surprise in store for Pam.
Ready to check out my favorite parts and share your own? Just
- I'm totally referring to brownies as "Pastry cubes made of sugar and fat" from now on.
- I love Michael's immediate reaction to seeing Toby again. Toby: "Hi, Mic-"
Michael: "NOOO! GOD! NO! PLEASE, GOD, NO!"
- Ha! Michael texts "911" to people so they'll call him back. Hilarious and sad.
- Oh, man, Jim's house is painfully familiar-looking ("Why would you wanna buy ugly wood from trees when you can have paneling?"). Right down to the creepy clown picture.
- Andy: "Whoa, you haven't told the missus about the castle? You're in for a spanking my friend." He then says there are no secrets between him and his "lady," while Angela looks away.
- Creed says that he lives down by the quarry, too. "We should hang out by the quarry and throw things down there."
- Meredith: "'Sincerely, Disappointed.' Get off your high horse, richie."
- Michael, before he tries to be nice to Toby: "You want to see some really high-caliber acting? Well, Mr. Kurt Russell you are about to be served." After his attempt, he says it's like trying to be friends to "an evil snail," and that he feels like he's dying inside. He equates himself to Neve Campbell's character in Scream 2, when the killer comes back and starts killing off all her friends. "Learned a lot of lessons from that movie. This is just one of them."
- Dwight: "I love catching people in the act. That's why I always whip open doors."
Michael: "Me too."
- Dwight thinks he's "the bait" for Toby to sexually harass someone, especially in his "mustard shirt."
Dwight: "Men find me desirable."
Michael: "Yes. Sure they do, Dwight."
- Michael tells Pam to go over to Toby with a note that says, "Please hug and kiss me no matter how hard I struggle, I'm too shy to tell you that I love you."
- Dwight suggests they frame Toby for using drugs. "Yeah, it's illegal. But everything they do on The Shield is illegal." He then says he framed a raccoon for opening a Christmas present, and a bear for eating out of the garbage (of course, begging the question why Dwight was eating out of the garbage).
- Now one of my all time favorite Office lines: Michael says framing Toby seems awfully mean. "But sometimes the ends justify the mean."
- Is Ryan one of the biggest d-bags on TV? I think so. As he tries to claim that he can't clean the microwave ("Pam, I am hopeless at that stuff!"), Pam asks him, "You've seen things clean before, though, right?" I love that she doesn't take his crap.
- When the cops follow Dwight back to the annex, Creed stands up as if to put his hands up. "Just pretend we're talking until the cops leave."
- Turns out the "marijuana" that Michael paid $500 for is a baggie of caprese salad.
- Dwight, to the cops: "You have laws that protect you in any kind of interrogation, why don't you use them?"
- Michael, after the failed framing: "Welcome back, jerky jerk face."
- Ryan says he's going on a trip to Thailand with some friends from high school — "Well, a high school."
- Oh, wow, if I had a husband and if he ever bought any house without asking me, it would not end well (also, any Brothers and Sisters fans in the house? This surprise-house-buying story was also in that episode!). Pam, however, is thrilled. "You bought me a house!"
- Dwight's description of his perfect crime is. . . priceless.