This week on The Bachelorette, we traveled to beautiful Tahiti for overnight dates and a trip to the fantasy suite. But things got ugly when Frank made the trip all the way to the isolated islands just to tell Ali that he takes back all his feelings and plans to get back with his ex in Chicago. So now we're down to two: Roberto and Chris L. We — Buzz and Très — have been rehashing the events all morning, so read our chat and add your input in the comments.
- BuzzSugar: First off, let's talk Frank. Why didn't we have any inkling about his feelings for his ex sooner? Did he just get cold feet with Ali as the final rose ceremony got closer? Or maybe he just wanted to be on TV, so that's why he went on the show in the first place; although, he doesn't really strike me as the fame type (he's no Jake). What did you think about him dropping the bomb on Ali?
- TrèsSugar: I found Frank very meh this whole time, but I think his honesty made him slightly likable last night — he got giddy when he talked about Nicole. Maybe moving fast toward marriage with a complete stranger made him feel more strongly about someone he had a past with. Now, I'm not sure how that relationship will work out once Nicole watches Frank cry on TV for Ali. Moving onto Roberto: for all the sweating he did, you would have thought he was the one who had a secret. What did you make of Ali's overnight dates?
For more of our thoughts, and to watch video of Frank breaking the news to Ali, keep reading.
- Buzz: I felt like the producers were totally setting up Ali and the guys by making them walk waist-deep through the water to get to their suite. Of course, they're going to have to strip down — their clothes are soaking wet! But Ali taking off Roberto's shirt was actually kind of tame in my opinion, even though I did feel a little voyeuristic for watching it. Oh, but the "L" word! What was it that Chris L. said, "God, I love you so much"? He's a total sucker for Ali.
- Très: Yeah, I thought that walk through water so I have to take my pants off trick was a good move! Chris L. seems great, but last night made me question his kissing abilities. I had to turn away, and so did Ali in a few shots, every time he moved his overeager mouth toward her. Not pretty. So do you think this thing will end with a proposal? Roberto and Chris L. are the best of the bunch, but I'm not quite sure Ali knows them well enough to get engaged. On the dates, or at least in the clips we see, they don't seem to talk about anything substantive. You have to talk about more than the weather and scenery in a marriage.
- Buzz: Totally agree. I feel like both couples are very much in the infatuation phase right now, where it doesn't matter what they talk about, as long as they get to make out! I wouldn't be surprised if the show doesn't end with a proposal and instead, Ali decides to just date whichever guy she chooses for a while — without the cameras around. That seems like the most sensible thing. Then again, it is reality TV, so anything halfway logical goes out the window.
- Très: Time to place bets! Who's going to win? I vote Roberto!
- Buzz: Me too! Even though Chris L. made definite progress this week, Ali is full-on smitten with Roberto. Chris L. just can't compete.