As pilot season continues in Hollywood, I've got a fresh round of casting news, including Scott Wolf's next TV job and some plans for the new Melrose Place. Check it:
- Scott Wolf has been cast in ABC's remake of V, which is about aliens known as "the visitors" trying to take over Earth. Wolf's role is as a TV newscaster who begins to spread the aliens' messages. The show was originally a cult hit in the '80s. This would be Wolf's first regular TV role since The Nine in 2007.
- Katie Cassidy, formerly of Supernatural and currently starring in the upcoming Harper's Island on CBS, has also landed a role in the Melrose Place remake. Her character is Ella, "a stylish, alluring and ambitious publicist." She joins the previously cast Michael Rady.
- Anastasia Griffith, aka Katie Connor on Damages, is the latest person cast in NBC's Trauma. She'll play "an EMT whose paramedic beau died in a helicopter crash."
- Teri Polo of Meet the Parents fame (though I still think of her character on Sports Night first!) has been cast in Washington Field, a CBS pilot about an elite FBI squad. Eddie Cibrian has also been chosen for the ensemble.
- And finally . . . Life on Mars may have been canceled, but it sounds like Gretchen Mol is already in talks for Eastwick, alongside Lindsay Price.