It won't be long now till there's a change of leadership in The Tonight Show chair: Conan O'Brien is scheduled to take over the show from Jay Leno in 2009. With the transition time approaching, one of the biggest questions in showbiz has become what will become of Leno, who's still on top of the late-night heap (even more so recently with David Letterman's declining ratings).
Now, the Hollywood Reporter has weighed in on the issue, proposing seven options for Leno's next career move:
- Leno takes over ABC's 11:30 p.m. slot.
- Leno starts a late-night show on Fox.
- Leno launches a syndicated late-night show.
- Leno finds some way to stay at NBC.
- Leno takes over for Letterman when his contract expires in 2010.
- Leno joins CNN in a Larry King-esque position.
- Leno does stand-up full time.